Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Kitchen Remodeling & Other stuff

Ok so I was telling y'all that we finished the kitchen this past weekend and it seriously makes me happy just looking at it. So I decided I would share with you...if you have the dreaded 90's kitchen plague like I did...a few simple things can really vamp it up! 

Before...
 
and After....
 
 
We switched out all the appliances for stainless steel.
 
The dishwasher was broke anyway and it didn't come with a fridge. 
 
Hubby also put new vinyl flooring down in the kitchen/laundry.  We got it from Lowes, Pompei something.  One of the cheaper ones and I absolutely love it!

I went way out of my comfort zone with a gorgeous blue.  Cant remember the name but I can look it up if you want me to.  It was from Lowes and cheap!
 
Hubby changed out all the hardware except the hinges.  I hate changing hinges.  They are fine for now.  He also watched a youtube video and learned how to change the laminate out on the countertops.  He hated this project but I think he did great.  Lets just say it wasn't his favorite and he will probably never attempt it again lol. 
 
We also went to Lowes and got this stick on backsplash stuff.  It cost about a hundred dollars to do the backsplash and behind the countertops and we are in love with it! 
 
On another note I spent about an hour at Ross trying on dresses for a million different occasions that I will need them this spring.  Showers, wedding things and Easter.  Then hubby got mad that I brought a bunch home because I couldn't decide. :(
Why do men think we can make super big decisions like that in the store? 
 
Oh and I got this book today...was on a waiting list!
 
 
I love and take full advantage of our public libraries.
 
Have you read this?  She has an awesome last name, just sayin!
 
I want to read it then see the movie!
 
Oh and here is a pic of the waffles I have been eating lately.  I had another one tonight.  However this is a recycled pic.  Haha. 
 
 
Blueberry is my fave. 
 
Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Looks so great! It's hard work isn't it? But the results are always worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laury

    I really enjoy reading your blog. It would mean a lot if you check and follow mine if you like.
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for reading! I love comments :)