Sunday, August 25, 2013

Treehouse Vineyards & Meal Prep

Hey loves!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Ours was pretty great.

Yesterday we went and used a Groupon that I had bought LAST YEAR to use on our anniversary and of course it expired in two weeks.  Luckilly hubby was off Saturday and we randomly decided to use it after we met for lunch.

It was for a local vineyard called Treehouse Vineyards.  Its only been open a couple years but its a beautiful area tucked away in our town!

It was an absolutely gorgeous day!

 
Date Day!
 
 
 
 
The groupon was for a wine tasting, tour and two souvenir glasses.
 
 
The special thing about this winery is that the owners live right on the property that has been in the family for over 200 years. The husband had a treehouse built for his wife in the backyard so they could have date nights close to home.  You can go up in the treehouse too.
 
 
 
They also have another treehouse that you can rent over night or by the hour I believe.  It even has a bed, bathroom, kitchen, grill, everything for a romantic night!  They also have 3 horses on the property and all the wines are named after the people and places (and maybe horses :) on the winery. 
 
Our favorites were Sweet Union and Date Nite.
 
 
We had a great time!
 
Today was a wonderful Sunday.  We have went to my brothers church again this week and we LOVE it.  They had a special outdoor baptism today and it was amazing, so so many people decided to publicly follow Jesus.  I loved it!
 
 

 Going to church!
 
 
An update on the brother: he is finally settled into his new home in VA, and is very close to Virginia Beach. So far he LOVES his barracks. Its much roomier than the last one!
 
I have been meal prepping all day it seems like.  This is the menu for this week:
 
 
 
Breakfasts: Breakfast burrito made with egg substitute, turkey bacon and a bit of cheese.
Cottage cheese and diced pears.
 
Lunch: sautéed onions and peppers, brown rice and grilled chicken with salad.
 
Snacks: Either apples, cashews, kettle corn or granola bars.
 
Dinners: Different each night.
 
 
We have been watching Duck Dynasty re runs ( I think ) and now its 10pm so I am fixing to head to bed.  I will try to blog better this week...!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl! So glad to see your post. Looks like you had a great weekend and are on track for a great week. I'm going to try and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job meal planning! I am doing that all day today! gah! it's a lot of work. And to prep it is too! You are ahead of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww that day date looks so sweet!! Makes me wish I was hanging with my husband right now instead of being at work. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for reading! I love comments :)