Hey there loves!!
I just wanted to quickly reflect on some great things that happend in 2012 not only for me but my family:
1. I really put thought into the "year of no excuses" and after dabbling in diet/exercise I finally buckled down in July and lost almost 30 lbs.
2. I joined Myfitnesspal and encouraged my aunt, mom, husband, best friend, and cousin to as well as a few other friends! My brother was on it as well!
3. My mom has quit smoking for a year (after being a smoker all of my life, and since she was a teenager) and I could not be prouder of her. I remember her telling me the day after that she had went ALL day without smoking a cigarette, I cried. I am so so happy about that.
4. My brother lost a lot of weight and got himself physically fit, training with our local Marine recruiting office, and will be joining the Marines January 7th at basic training. I am so incredibly proud of him.
5. I won my Wedding Dress Challenge!!!
6. I ran a 5k with my best friend and my brother this summer in the swealtering Carolina heat. But it was a day I will never forget and the memories I have are priceless. Worth far more than a leisurely day on the beach.
7. The Hubby took me to Dollywood for MY first time this summer & he bought me my first gun for our anniversary this year!
8. I have kept record of my weight since July on a Dunkin Donuts calendar hanging on the back of my bathroom door. It will soon be switched out to a cupcakes calendar. I thought that fitting :)
9. I have lost more weight on my own than I ever have with any fad diet, weight watchers or buddy system. Only YOU can make YOURSELF commit to something and want it bad enough to get it.
10. I have went to kickboxing and made exercise a priority it my life this year and it has made me feel amazing.
Resolutions for 2013!
1. I have let the holidays kick my butt. Between vacation and Christmas I am loosing and gaining the same five pounds and I am ready to squash that, quickly. My birthday is March 5th and I plan to be at 165. I have roughly 15 lbs to loose and I consider that do-able.
2. I want to eat cleaner, less processed foods. I will not be hard core, I will still eat baked chips occasionally, but I want to TRY because I have discovered that empty calories do NOT fill me up like nutrient rich ones do. An orange and some good cheese makes me fuller than a bag of 100 calorie doritos. Truth.
3. Run and official 5k this year. I have been practicing and running and trying to build endurance and I might not be able to run ALL of it, but I want to sign up and DO IT anyway!! FOR ME.
4. Me and the hubs are going to start a budget and stick to it ( I hope!) so you might be seeing me eat a lot more beans and tuna. HA~! Dont worry I will share my money saving tricks with you should they prove successful! I think its totally possible to watch your budget and eat healthy at the same time.
5. I am hoping to start the Jillian's 30 day shread January 1st. EEEk. Cant hardly believe I typed that. Blast, now I will actually have to do it.
6. Try not to use other people's birthday's or holidays as an excuse to completley forget that I count calories.
7. Cut out my eating out. Even now that I have pretty much completley given up buying breakfasts, and only splurge on lunch occasionally, we STILL eat out way too frequently.
8. I want to purge the clutter and keep things simple. Simple=less stressed Lauryn.
9. Keep up with Blogging & hopefully continuing to meet and connect with YOU sweeties!
10. Experiment with teas and find one I really like!
11. Go to bed at 10 on week nights and 11 on weekends.
12. Develop a night time routine to settle into and make sure I am keeping my body healthy.
13. DRINK MORE WATER!
14. Rock a Bikini this summer !!! Or a tankini...or just FEEL hot on the beach. And buy a cute sundress for Easter.
15. Settle into a great church after we move, because none of this would be possible without the Lord, because with Christ I can do anything, and it is He who gives me strength!
I love you ALL SOOOOO much and I hope you have BLESSED, SAFE, and HAPPY New Year 2013!!!!!!!!
Thank you for making my 2012 SO MUCH BETTER!!!